A guide to import your existing content into the platform and optimize it.
Why import a url ?
Importing a url is a necessary step in the optimization process of an existing content, an Updated Content. Indeed, Semji Platform saves you time and provides you with optimization recommendations based on the analysis of your online content. By entering the url of your content, you allow Semji Platform to :
- Access your data analysis tools such as Google Analytics, Search Console or AT Internet, provided you have connected them beforehand,
- Retrieve all the useful text of your web page, the editorial part of your HTML code that deserves optimization, in order to display it in the editor
- Offer you several possible Focus Keywords
- Analyze the SERP, once your Focus Keyword is selected, and calculate your Content Score
For each content, Semji Platform collects a number of data, which our algorithms weight and sort in order to provide you with the most relevant recommendations.
It is therefore important to note that when you import a url, you spend 1 analysis credit.
You have several choices:
- The content you want to optimize has already been imported by Semji in the Opportunities
- The content you want to optimize is not an opportunity
- You need help or advice on which content to optimize.
Let's review these three option.
1. Your content is an opportunity already detected and imported by Semji
When creating your workspace, Semji automatically imports several hundred pieces of content into the Pages > Opportunities tab. These are contents with a high chance of improving their SEO performance by following Semji's recommendations.
The platform displays a Priority Score that allows you to visualize the ratio editorial effort / gain for each of the imported contents.
Select the KPI that represents the highest stake for your business objectives: more clicks, more conversions, more transactions or revenue.
This way, you can see at a glance the priority content with the highest potential. If you already have in mind the content you want to optimize, search for it within this list, thanks to the search engine (type one of the keywords of its title).
2. The content you want to optimze is not an opportunity
If you have identified the url of the content you want to optimize with Semji, go to the "Online Content" tab and click on the "Import" button at the top right of your screen.
Choose the "Import URLs" option, then click the "Next" button at the bottom right.
In the field that appears, you can enter the url(s) you want to import for optimization. To do this, use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + C (copy) then Ctrl + V (paste).
Note that you can copy and paste each url, or copy and paste in one operation a selection of several urls that you would have previously listed in an Excel spreadsheet or a notepad for example.
Once you have entered your selection of url, click again on "Next" at the bottom right.
The last step before importing your Updated Content into Semji is to select the Focus Keyword, the strategic keyword for the optimization of your content. Choosing your Focus Keyword is not a step to be taken lightly: we have designed a complete tutorial to help you select it for your Updated Content. If you need more advice on this subject, do not hesitate to contact your Customer Success Manager.
3. You need advice to choose the contents to be optimized: Semji assists you in the prioritization
The other option when importing existing urls is to let the Semji platform recommend pages to optimize, thanks to a prioritization score. To do this, you have to work hand in hand with the AI of the platform: first select a list of urls a little smaller to avoid the complete analysis of your site, and then let Semji apply its algorithm to get the result: prioritized urls by earning potential!
In the Pages tab, click on the "Import" button in the upper right corner. Choose the "Browse Top Pages" option.
Click on Next at the bottom right of your screen.
Semji then offers you a selection of the best pages on your site: those that already generate traffic and have the potential to improve their performance through optimization.
To do this, the platform accesses your Search Console data. Here are some details to understand the selection:
- These are your best urls, the ones that have generated the most clicks from the SERP during the last 30 days
- The clicks displayed are filtered: they are the clicks generated from the SERPs of the country on which your Semji workspace is set up (example: FR or EN)
- The proposed urls are sorted in descending order of clicks
Note: The list is up to 1000 urls. If you choose to import a large part of them at once, Semji will provide you with an updated list one week later, to allow for a next massive import. So if necessary, Semji will suggest 1000 urls again, making sure to exclude the urls already imported and checking that the suggested urls generate clicks.
Add filters to refine the proposed content
IMPORTANT : The "Add filter" button above the selection allows you to filter your list using different indicators.
- The Keywords filter : select url for which the Focus Keyword contains or excludes some words.
- The Position filter: select urls whose position on the Focus Keyword defined by default corresponds to an exact value (e.g. 2nd position in the SERP) or to a range of values (between positions 3 and 10 in the SERP), is less than or greater than a given value (greater than 5 in the SERP)...
- The Search Volume filter : indicate here minimum, maximum or exact values to filter your url according to the search volume of the Focus Keyword defined by default
- The Title filter : select urls that include certain keywords in their title tag or on the contrary exclude it
- The Traffic filter : select url's according to the traffic they already make, and define exact, minimum or maximum values, value ranges...
- The Url filter : select several urls that contain certain keywords in their slug or on the contrary exclude them
You can combine these different filters to create your shortlists and easily select urls to optimize.
Example : you can choose to import :
- that work with a keyword containing "shoe".
- with a research volume of more than 300
- and which position this keyword between 4 and 10 in the SERP
This selection reflects your strategic interest in improving the positioning of your content on keywords of the theme "shoes" with high earning potential: with a high search volume, the keyword has the potential to generate a lot of traffic for your content, if it manages to get into the top 3 where the majority of clicks of a SERP are gathered. By selecting content that is close to the top 3 (between 4 and 10), you increase your chances of improving your traffic on the theme "shoes" through optimization.
Note: position and traffic (clicks) data comes from your Search Console and search volume data comes from Adwords.
Do not hesitate to discuss your SEO objectives with your CSM, in order to best combine these selection filters.
Once the filters have been applied, choose from the list of results several urls that you want to import to optimize their content and on which Semji will apply the prioritization score.
Click again on "Next" at the bottom right.
The next step is to select the final Keyword Focus for each imported content. This is the last step before any analysis credit is consumed. By default, Semji suggests a Focus Keyword on which you can improve your position and your traffic. But for strategic reasons, you can choose to modify it.
As a reminder, if you want more details on how to choose the Focus Keyword of an Updated Content, please read our dedicated article or ask your Customer Success Manager for advice.
Once the Focus Keyword has been assigned to each content, confirm the launch of the corresponding analyses using the button at the bottom right:
Imported content are displayed in the Page tab.
Once the analysis is completed, Semji assigns the prioritization score to all your urls and displays them in a decreasing order of priority. A visual gauge system allows you to differentiate the priority urls from those that are less important:
Start by optimizing the priority urls (those for which the gauge is fullest): these are the ones that guarantee you the best effort/performance ratio!
Start optimizing imported content with Semji
To start optimizing content that you have recently imported into Pages, you need to turn it into a Draft. Then, you just have to follow the recommendations of the platform in the right sidebar to improve your Content Score and the performance of your content!
Start importing your urls into Semji now!